Home Sweet Home
After a 19 hour trip, we made it up to Spokane early Sunday morning. Our new house is wonderful. This is the first time I've ever seen it. Our neighbors keep their lawns nice and trimmed, so Phil is outside mowing the lawn right now. I love the smell of freshly cut grass! Yesterday our friends James and Mariann drove over from Idaho to help us unload the trailer. They brought coffee and two loaves of homemade bread.
We went to Lowe's this afternoon and purchased a few home improvement items. All of the choices there overwhelmed me--mostly the cost of everything overwhelmed me. If I want to change the knobs on my kitchen cabinets and drawers, it would cost me upwards of $3.00 per knob! I guess I'll stay with the '80's kitchen look for now. Maybe the look will come back.





16 comments:
Jen, Home Depot has 10 packs of knobs and handles for way cheaper. Of course they may not be what you have in mind. I think they have a couple of styles though. Send Pictures!!!
I got the very same deal on knobs at Home Depot that "nanashouse" mentioned. My cabinets are bad enough (1983) and I simply had to update the knobs. The ones we got probably wouldn't have been my first choice but they were remarkably better. I'll probably get the knobs I want when I can afford the cupboards I want : ). Oh well, some things in life are just more important.
Sue--
$$$$$$$ Diapers and Formula $$$$$$
I'm afraid to tell you that with twins on the way, it will be awhile 'til you get the cabinets and knobs that you want! :)
Mom-- we didn't bring our camera!
Think how rich we would be right now if we didn't have to buy diapers and formula...OK, don't think about it.:)
Jenny, I'm going to email you now that I know you are online in Washington. :)
Jenny! I will buy you the knobs you want as a housewarming gift...pick them up and I will give you money on Monday, when I see you! You better go back to Lowe's! You deserve a special kitchen! Love you! Call me...
Jen, they have these things called disposable cameras :-)
P.S. who is having twins?
Disposable camera? I'd rather save the money and put it toward my kitchen fund! I don't think I could download pictures from a disposable camera, could I?
Mom, do you remember Jim and Sue Oesterwind from Lucerne? Sue is having twins--hopefully any day now!
Emy, that's sweet of you to offer, but I don't think we'll have time to go back to Lowe's tonight, and we're leaving early in the morning to drop Phil off in Seattle. Love you!
I wish I did remember. I have a hard enough time remembering what happened today. Oh wait, I remember. I had to take Grandpa back to the ER today. I wish they could get to the bottom of what makes him so sick. He is in so much pain.
I'm so glad you still like your house now that you've actually seen it! Phil did a good job finding it for you. Glad to hear that you've already had friends over. Isn't God good to provide good friends for you wherever you go?
hey it's tyler.i have three answers for your knob problem amazon,target,and dad. hey! dad got me one
Tyler, you're too cute! Tell Dad that I need 22 knobs for my kitchen and see what he says. Remind him that my birthday's a few weeks away and that I'm his favorite daughter. ;)
(for any of you who don't know--Tyler is my 11 year old brother)
Tell dad to buy you something else for your house! I am the committed knob provider for your kitchen! Isn't Tyler cute solving things with our father's money! Those were the days...SOOO long ago!
Mark is my younger brother. He got the skinny genes of the family:-) Congratulations on the new house. I know moving is a lot of work!! Hope you feel settled soon.
Speaking of diapers, that's one thing that won't be on my shopping list anymore. 12 years of changing diapers is over. The last one is finally potty-trained!
Jen, don't stress over your kitchen. I'll teach you all the tricks that I know.
Mariann
Mariann, you're a good friend, I'm glad that you'll be close by!
No more diapers? Be careful not to brag too much to this three-kids-still-in-diapers mommy! :) I'm still working on Caleb, and the girls are now determined to sit on the potty after he does!
Post a Comment