5.10.2007

Help!


Phil and his sister Corinne added higher rails to Lily's crib last night, but she escaped during nap time today. Here's a picture from the other night. Lily found the container of diaper wipes that I had just filled. She pulled each one out and stuffed them into Gracie's crib. Does anyone have any advice for this tired mommy?

8 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

Toddler bed? Ball and chain??

gramma said...

I've been checking this every 1/2 hour all afternoon to see if anyone had any helpful advice. Then for the last 45 min. all we got was a blank screen - and presumed that Lily had been in the office sabotaging your blog. Now at dinner, grampa came up with this advice. Put everything valuable into the crib and put the baby to sleep on the floor.

~nanashouse~ said...

I'm with grampa! That is such solid advice. Think back to when families shared rooms/beds/lofts etc. They didn't worry about kids climbing out of cribs. Now, falling out of lofts...that's another matter!

jenny said...

That's not a bad idea! Let's see, she likes the computer, glass dishes from the cupboard, standing on the dining room table, playing in the toilet, DVD cases and the remote control. I can squeeze those into her crib, can't I?

Can you believe that Grace hasn't tried this yet? I'll count my blessings!

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry, I just can't help laughing at Grampa's advice. What a clever idea! Can you beat a 1 year old at her own game?
I'm so sorry she's doing this now, of all times (as if there were a good time). I am out of ideas.

jcandbaby3 said...

Hey Jenny!

I can relate to your little terror. My own little 19-month old Lyvia has taken to terrorizing my house - I found her this week in my bathroom with a sink full of water overflowing onto the floor with wet toilet paper and toothbrushes everywhere! Ugh! I just keep reminding myself that this is my "season" of life - I will blink my eyes and she'll be starting school. They grow up so fast - I just watched my first graduate from kindergarten on Wednesday and cried thinking about how little time I have left with him. So, my advice is...enjoy these times while we have them - we'll be longing for their fat, grubby little hands again in just a few short years! Just keep disciplining - something will eventually "click". In the meantime, just resign yourself to having a less-than-perfect house! :-)

jenny said...

I think something is "clicking" because she's doing it less often. Also, if I walk into her room and she's out of her crib, she sits down and cries now.

emyann said...

I have some Auntie Emy advice: give her hugs and kisses and be happy that she is your Lily. I think you are the lucky one and I wish I could come help!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers