1.30.2009

Pre-wedding Jitters

Jared has been asking me lots of questions about getting married. I don't why, but he's really interested in the subject. Last Sunday he told us that he wanted to stay here in Spokane with his wife, because he loves this area.

Today he asked questions about paying bills and supporting a family. I told him he needed to get a job so he could have money to pay bills and buy food and clothes. He thought about that for awhile; I could tell he was nervous. This was his response...

"So, when you get married, do they give you money so you can survive the first day?"

He must equate getting married with getting his first job--like they both begin on the same day. And I'd like to know who "they" are!

4 comments:

gramma said...

Oh my!!! his grandparents aren't ready for him to be thinking about those things....we want him to stay that sweet, thoughtful boy for a lot longer.

~nanashouse~ said...

Good thing I could answer yes to Jared's questions. Papa might have to put me away if the answers were no!

emyann said...

Does he want to get married at 16??? He is too cute!

Unknown said...

Lilla is available now. :) She could answer yes to all of those questions.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers