1.30.2009

A Wedding Quiz, Dark Chocolate and Groundhogs

This post goes along with the previous post about Jared and weddings. Jared and I had this little conversation before he fell asleep tonight:

Jared: "I'm going to give my wife a little quiz before I marry her."

Me: "What kind of quiz?"

Jared: "A wedding quiz."

Me: "What will you ask her?"

Jared: "Four things:

1. Are you a Christian?
2. Do you love God?
3. Do you read your Bible?
4. Do you go to church?"

Too cute. I hope she passes!

And this has nothing to do with the wedding quiz, but I just thought I'd share with all of you what I'll be eating tonight. Phil doesn't study on Friday nights, so I made a batch of brownies for us to share later. He stopped by the store on the way home from school tonight and brought home this Dark Chocolate Truffle Flourless Cake and these Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Dove Promises. Yum! Have you ever tried the Silky Smooth variety? They're incredible!

And this picture is for my mom, who, by the way, is celebrating her 37th wedding anniversary today!

She wanted me to post a picture of what we made in Friday Preschool this morning. Today's theme was Groundhog Day.

5 comments:

gramma said...

This blog is too full - too much for old people to handle. Probably because we don't have anything chocolate to eat while reading it. Love the groundhog.

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh the groundhog is super special! Actually all the pictures are great. We had chocolate eclairs for our Anniversary dessert :-)

maryellen said...

Sometimes my computer does funny things, but I have to comment on wedding jitters!! I laughed and laughed when I read that!! What a serious minded young man you have for a son!! I just realized that he is only 6 mos older than my Faith. She put Mike and I momenarily at a loss for words a couple of weeks ago when she asked us at the dinner table out of the blue and with all seriousness HOW she was going to find a good husband!!! Kids must be thinking about marriage at this age?? I don't know- I don't think I ever did!

Basking in the Son said...

Cute Groundhog! Where did you get the idea? We watched a video about Groundhog's Day and they suggested that same craft, only the groundhog was made out of fuzzy balls. Emmalyn wanted to make one right away and of course I didn't have fuzzy balls, so she created her own ground hog.

jenny said...

I've had this craft stashed away in my files for years. It's probably from student teaching. I raided the files of all the teachers in the first grade pod that semester--with their permission, of course. :)

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers