8.03.2007

Tired, but Thankful

This summer has been somewhat long and tiring for me. The heat doesn't help matters. One thing I've experienced is a state of complete helplessness as a mother! How does a mom make her child do something he simply does not want to do? (I was only partially kidding about the bribes, by the way!) If you stop by for a visit, you might hear me ranting, "Eat your dinner; swallow your dinner; stay in your bed; get back on your bed; don't punch your brother; say my name only once."

Often times I've asked God for wisdom in such matters, and He has always provided an answer. Awhile ago, someone told me that God led His people into the wilderness so that only He could provide for their needs. How true this has been for me! He carries me through the rough days with my kids. He is close to me and gives me peace in my heart when I'm lonely for Phil. Only He could be the source of such strength and peace. He sustains me and comforts me because He loves me. I've been loved as a daughter, a sister, a friend, a bride and a mommy, but none of these is quite like His love for me. Would I have learned this any other way? I don't think I would have.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I cannot imagine what your life must be like right now. I've just begun with the four kids (including twins) and I feel that way when my husband goes to WORK for the day! And the things you find yourself saying...I was chuckling out loud by the time I got to "only say my name once." We have a lot in common, my friend!

Basking in the Son said...

Being a mom is much harder than I ever imagined it could be. It is frustrating when we teach and teach and teach and the kids still don't get it. When they do, Dylan and and I call those "pocket moments." Something to hang onto for when we later need encouragment. Keep clinging to God and remember, "this too will pass."

James said...

Hang in there Jen. Your not alone. You're just feeling like a mom. (What a small title for such a big, important job. We'll have to come up with something else. ;D )By the way we'll be down there soon and we'll be bringing our trailer so we can bring back anything you need us to move. I'll call you soon.
Mariann

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers