8.01.2007

Bribes



Yes, I sometimes bribe my children when I want them to cooperate with me--like with haircuts, for instance. Today's bribe was popcorn. Lily only needed her bangs trimmed, but she sat in her chair with hands folded and a big smile on her face awaiting her turn. Gracie didn't need her haircut this time around, but I snipped a few hairs anyway because she was feeling left out. Speaking of Gracie, she doing well on the potty! She's able to tell me when she has to go--only one accident so far today.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am amazed at your potty training abilities. How do you do it?

jenny said...

Well, if you must know, I use bribes for this, too!

James said...

Keep up the good work. I got William potty trained just so he can pee on the floor! YUCK!! I've never had to wash bathmats so often.

~nanashouse~ said...

i'll sit still for a milky way candy bar. By the way, i'm already potty trained :-)

Basking in the Son said...

Don't feel bad about the bribes. Early in my motherhood days, a good friend told me, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

emyann said...

Wait! Don't let her grow up too fast! Someone, have another baby for me...
That is a beautiful color on Lily!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers