2.16.2009

Long-Awaited Signs of Spring

I just wanted to share a few pictures of the kids playing outside in the slush this afternoon. We're finally beginning to thaw! Yesterday I awoke to the sound of birds chirping in the backyard. The kids and I stared out the window at dozens of birds pecking through the snow in our backyard, flying away with tiny red berries in their beaks.

Jared found this giant block of ice in his over-turned Frisbee. The snow thaws during the day, leaving puddles that freeze during the night. It looks like Spring is just around the corner!

5 comments:

emyann said...

What a handsome picture of Jared and funny one of Lily!

gramma said...

Lily is way too cool in those sunglasses! Let me know when spring is "all" there so I can come visit.

~nanashouse~ said...

We don't have snow but lots of ice in the morning and plenty of birdies in the trees during the day. I'm sure Lily is thinking, "If I wear my sunglasses, spring will come!"

Chelsea said...

Lily is so hilarious and I love the look on Jared's face!!

Nana's Nest said...

I am also looking for spring! Those kids of yours are getting so big....I need to find a picture soon for you to change my blog....

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers