Life in These Parts
Here's what we're up to these days:
Jared: He loves to build with Legos. He'd play on the computer all day if I'd let him. He loves to read up in his bed, which resembles a fort. He wants to learn how to play the piano, so I just started giving him lessons. I'm going to teach him everything I know, so we'll probably get through at least part of the 2nd book. :) He enjoys doing Science experiments. He asks if we can play charades every night before bed. He's really into AWANA and loves working in his handbooks.
Caleb: He also loves to read. Sometimes I find him walking around the house with his nose buried in a book. He enjoys playing Legos and computer with his brother, but it's so sweet to see him wander off by himself and do "Caleb stuff," like play with his lambs or with his cars. Caleb wants to be a shepherd when he grows up. He takes such good care of his stuffed animal sheep--he calls this his practice. His favorite color is yellow.
Gracie: Recently potty trained and very proud of herself. Her new favorite is kitties. She enjoys playing with her stuffed animal kitties, as well as with her Littlest Pet Shop kitties from her cousins Morgan and Lindsay. Her favorite color is pink, and she MUST wear it every day! She enjoys "doing school" like her brothers. This involves doing a workbook page or two. She enjoys baking with me and having tea parties with her kitties.
Lily: She's fascinated with Dora! She dresses herself everyday, usually in several different shades of purple. If you hadn't guessed, purple is her favorite color. She enjoys doing puzzles by herself. She'd watch t.v. all day long if I'd let her--mostly her Donut Man videos. She enjoys going to her new Sunday School class. She makes friends easily. When I pick her up from Sunday School, she's usually holding hands with another little girl. She enjoys acting out scenes from the Little House books--particularly the scenes where Nellie Oleson is doing something naughty. It's kind of cute!





2 comments:
Thanks so much for catching us up. When we watched the girls on the web-cam yesterday, we realized how much taller they've gotten and felt so out of touch. Isn't it spring yet?
Hi Jenny, Thanks for the update! If you lived closer I would give Jared piano lessons after you got through the first half of the second book. :)
I want you to know that Jennifer Bennett just married a man last weekend who is from Chili and guess what his profession is?!?!? He is a shepherd in the mountains of Colorado. I had no idea that there were still shepherds around, well, I mean in the USA. Caleb would make a good one. So proud of you and the girls for getting potty trained so quickly. My goal is to potty train Abram during spring break.
Post a Comment