
I attended a cello concert tonight at Spokane's beautiful St. John's Cathedral.

The guest artist, Kevin Hekmatpanah, is the chair of the music department at Gonzaga University, here in Spokane (where Bing Crosby attended college). He played selections by Boccherini, Schuman, Paganini, Chopin and Brahms.

Can you imagine sitting in this beautiful cathedral listening to solo cello music? It was
amazing!
6 comments:
I am endlessly jealous! I LOVE the cello! I'm sure it was wonderful!!
I kept thinking about you during the concert. I know you would have enjoyed it.
I went with a friend who plays the cello--that was kind of fun!
I remember when you taught me how to hear each different instrument in a piece of music!
Fabulous! We got to hear the King's Singers live on Friday night in Cincinnati. Also fabulous!
Now this is something I would have gone to. :)
I'm so glad you had this amazing opportunity! I really miss going to the Mendo College concerts with you. I can only imagine the acoustice in that marvelous cathedral.
Post a Comment