Why Didn't I Think of This Before?
It always frustrates me when the recycling truck comes by on Thursdays and leaves behind nearly half of what we've put into the bin. In California we had to recycle practically everything. It seems here in Washington they only want the things we used to turn in for money in California--cans, bottles and newspapers.
But this morning I discovered a way to get the recycling crew to take everything with them! Place your twin daughters on the front steps to giggle and wave to the men. It helps if they say cute things like, "You take our garbage? You take it all?" And there you have it! You'll have an empty recycling bin to drag back into your carport!





3 comments:
You go girls!!! I'm so glad you finally figured that one out. Now I can just picture them in the winter wrapped up in little snow suits,boots and gloves... shivering, and sitting there waving to the men for you.
oh yes gramma, the little match girls crying out "please kind sir...take all our garbage"
When we first moved to Oregon, I was surprised how short the list was of things we could recycle. It is getting a little longer. It depends on what items they can sell. When I questioned it, they told me that if they don't have a buyer for it, they don't take it.
Post a Comment