One Man's Junk...
...makes me very happy! While we were staying with Phil's parents this summer, I found these old coffee cans in the workshop filled with old rusty nails. Phil's dad told me I could clean them out and take them home.
I'm using one on my stove top to hold kitchen utensils.
I'm having so much fun decorating my kitchen! My mom gave me a Gooseberry Patch catalog while we were down in California. I finally had a chance to sit down and browse through it tonight. Look at all of these goodies:
Fun! Fun! Fun!





6 comments:
Hey, Watch it! -- you didn't jusst call your in-laws "prize antique" nail cans "junk" did you? It looks nice on your stove anyway! Is your Gooseberry Patch display a wish list for your birthday?
I don't know if you remember my kitchen Jen...now 30 some years later I still collect "junk" like you have and the kitchen is full of it! Last year I got my dream cabient, a hooiser cabient in excellent condition. I just love them cans...to think we threw them away!!!
I'm sure they are happy to see it in use as well. If I had known you had these treasures in the jeep, I may have bargained with you. I'd love to replace my Tupperware container that is holding my utensils with something more fun.
Gramma beat me to the punch!! I also thought you prepared a beautiful wish list for your birthday :-)Thank you anyway...now I know exactly what you want :-)
I can't wait to come visit!
Very cool indeed! There's nothin like finding treasures like that and getting them for a good price-free. :)
Post a Comment