7.28.2008

So Thankful for My Children...

As I glanced over at the sidebar of my blog tonight, I noticed the descriptions for each of my children. I wrote these 17 months ago when Jared was 4, Caleb was 2 and the girls were only 1. It seems as though I would be able to describe my boys' personalities at the ages of 4 and 2. But my girls at age one? I would still use these same words to describe the four of them today...

Jared--
Protective, inquisitive, independent

Caleb--Creative, Cuddly, Sensitive

Grace--Tidy, dramatic, funny

Lily--
Sweet-natured, smiley, content

I marvel at how wonderfully God made each of my children, and how I can see--at such an early age--a glimpse of the special person He created each one of them to be. It was no surprise to Him that Jared would want to run after his sisters when they dart off and run away from us; that Caleb would enjoy painting and mixing colors; that Gracie would like to tell knock-knock jokes; that Lily would ask me for her naps.

"All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."
~Psalm 139:16

2 comments:

emyann said...

You are such a good mommy!

~nanashouse~ said...

Lizzie and I were talking about this very topic this morning. They are what they are from the beginning.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers