9.26.2007

Sweet Things



My little sweeties are making sweet things for their Daddy!

The problem with Autumn is that bags of little candy bars call out to me at Wal Mart and every grocery store I walk into! One whole aisle of Halloween candy isn't enough--they have to place the bags of candy on every end display, as well. And they do this months before Halloween! I broke down and bought a bag of Milky Way. At home I tell myself, "These are small, so I'll just eat 3." I'm eating one right now as I sip my cold coffee.

The other day Phil smelled a candle burning and thought I had baked sugar cookies. Nope! But yesterday we did and we surprised him when he got home from school. We decorated them after dinner...frosting, sprinkles and all! Aren't the girls cute in their little turtlenecks? They look like school girls. The crisp Fall weather comes a bit earlier up here in Washington than in California. It's refreshing after spending a very warm summer in Lake County.

5 comments:

Basking in the Son said...

Those candy displays really put a strain on the self-control. Milky ways are my favorite as well! I craved them like crazy when pregnant with Emmalyn.

~nanashouse~ said...

I'm waiting for the new mint 3 Musketeers! My reasoning will be, they are 25% lower in fat :-)

James said...

The little square Snickers are my favorite. They have the best chocolate to candy ratio.

Lizzie said...

hey jen what's mily way?

gramma said...

forget the candy! All four kids look so intense and no one's fighting or crying. Country living pictures?

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers