9.28.2007

Happy Fall




Here are a few of our Fall decorations. The kids would rather skip Fall and go right into Winter, because we told them it snows up here in Spokane. Another reason they want to skip Fall? We don't have any leaves to pile up and jump into! We have 8 beautiful pine trees in our backyard, but brown pine needles just don't go "crunch" when you jump into a big pile of them. One thing they do enjoy about the Fall is candy corn. When Jared was 1, I told him it was "Mommy candy." A year later he saw them in a store and called out, "Mommy candy!" This is what our family now calls candy corn.

Despite the absence of Fall fans in my home, I'm determined to enjoy the season...apple cider in the crock pot, chicken and dumplings, warm apple pie, candles burning, turning on the heater in the morning, and tea before bedtime.

6 comments:

James said...

I'm glad you enjoy the fall. I love that it lasts for more than a week here. It is a full season of its own (spring, too) unlike in California. Summer is the only season that I don't get too excited about here, it's boring. Fall, Winter, and Spring are all wonderful and all the right length; long enough to enjoy but are over by the time you are getting tired of them.

Sue said...

You may not have Fall fans now but your kids are going to have great memories of all the special things you do / are doing.

Basking in the Son said...

It is nice to have seasons! I just wish there was a hotter summer here. Did you make the candle with leaves on it? If so, I'd love to know how!

jenny said...

Michele, a mom of one of my students made it for me--probably 6 years ago now. I stopped burning it because I wanted to save it and display it every year.

~nanashouse~ said...

I'll be right there to sit in your cozy house and have a cup of tea!

jcandbaby3 said...

I love the fall, too! My kids are out back as I type running through the leaves in the backyard. I love the smells of fall...although they don't last long enough here in Wisconsin. Winter sets in entirely too fast!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers