9.29.2007

Shopping Spree


Phil stayed home with the kids this morning so I could go out for awhile. I went to a thrift store which is owned by a rather large Christian school in the area. Most of the items in the store were 50% off today. Here's a picture of some of the things I found. The creamer and sugar bowl were $0.49 each! My next stop was Starbucks, of course! I sat in Starbucks for an hour, read the newspaper and enjoyed a decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte. My last stop was Hancock Fabrics. I'd like to make new kitchen curtains, so I spent almost 2 hours looking through pattern books for inspiration.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable!

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh how cute! I wish I had saved all of my out of style kitchen items so they would be retro and cute now :-)

Just goes to show you, Phil may be right--don't throw anything away!

Basking in the Son said...

Sounds like you had an incredible morning away!

jenny said...

Mom, I don't know about your brown, green, orange and yellow Tupperware, though :{ and what about all of that mushroom stuff?

Phil wants to know if you still know how to macrame (I don't even know how to spell that one!). We would like to take the bedroom doors down and put up something with beads.

gramma said...

If you ever find juice glasses to go with that Orange juice pitcher, Corinne is looking for them too. She has that pitcher from Jenny's yard sale way back and dug through all my belongings looking for the glasses. I assured her that ours like that had been broken years ago, but she rummaged through everything anyway.

jenny said...

I thought about Corinne when I bought this. I wasn't sure if she bought the pitcher or the glasses. I think I paid less than she did! ;)

~nanashouse~ said...

Jen,
Greg Brady would so approve of the beaded door idea. He had one in his "swinging pad". Also, why not add a cool lava lamp?

jenny said...

Nancy, does that mean you are willing to give yours up after all these years? I think the kids would love it, I know I would.

jenny said...

Mom, that was from Phil. First of all, I don't usually call you Nancy, now do I? And finally, lava lamps don't go with my decor!

Basking in the Son said...

Lava lamps, beads, retro kitchen, sounds like you are on your way to living in that bus after all.

We had a lava lamp for awhile, but it didn't make the cut on one of my "something has got to go days".

~nanashouse~ said...

livin in that bus isn't that bad after all. you know...home schoolin, music, really rad outfits etc.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers