6.21.2009

father's day fun

We had a wonderful Father's Day today!

The day started off with breakfast in bed.

After nap time, we headed to one of our favorite state parks for a rainy Father's Day family hike. First day of Summer...ha!

We had to cross over a suspension bridge to get across this water to the hiking trails. I'm not even going to pretend that I enjoyed this part. Crossing bridges like this makes me feel sick...especially with 4 squirmy kids. On the way back, they asked me if they could play Pooh Sticks with their walking sticks. Absolutely not!

"Hello!"

Phil brought his pocket knife along to make walking sticks for the kids.

Gracie's walking stick turned into a horse so the girls could play cowboy on the way back.



Time to get out of our wet clothes and warm up with some hot chocolate...

...and a nice fire.
Hope you all had a great Father's Day, too!

4 comments:

emyann said...

You guys make the best memories for your kids! I love the family picture and how Gracie has her arm around Lily!

gramma said...

What a perfect day.

~nanashouse~ said...

Lily looks just like you in one of those pictures! I see a couple of really good photos for your Christmas card too.

Basking in the Son said...

I see it is cool enough for the purple pants! We had talked about sailing, but the weather was too unpredictable.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers