12.20.2008

Highlights from our Week

I say that like we've had an exciting, eventful week. We enjoyed our first day of snow, but then it wouldn't stop snowing. We were snowed in--literally. The city asked all residents to stay put if at all possible. They just couldn't keep the roads clear and over 100 accidents were reported within the first few hours of the storm. We were able to get to the grocery store this morning. We had a small window of time to go out before the next storm. I certainly could not have navigated through the mess out there, so I'm glad Phil is home for Christmas break and able to take us where we need to go. We're supposed to get another 8 or so inches of snow tonight.

Jared had the flu later in the week. Caleb was completely lost without him, restlessly wandering around the house. These boys are best buds!

With one being potty trained, another with the flu, and the added bonus of little ones who weren't able to get out of their snowsuits quickly enough to get to the bathroom in time, I did lots of laundry.

We set up our lighted Christmas village.

Lily got stuck in a box. Yes, I ran and got the camera before I helped her out. You do things like that when you have cabin fever. :)

Phil shoveled a lot of snow!

We enjoyed doing Advent activities every night after dinner.

We watched snow fall from the trees in our backyard, filling the air with what seemed like gusts of white powder. Sometimes we couldn't even see out the window.

This sequence of pictures needs a little explaining, I'm sure. Phil and I found the girls playing peacefully in the living room this morning. It's always cause for concern when it's quiet around here. They made a car out of the couch. Lily is driving (the pillow is her steering wheel). I love how Gracie gets to lounge in the backseat with a good book. I'm sure that was her idea.

Then we found them spreading their blankets all over the living room floor

...to get ready for a little nap.

They're pretending to sleep.

3 comments:

gramma said...

Oh My!! What a week. I'm glad you are all surviving. And, it looks like you're taking advantage of every inch of your cute little house. You're my kind of people...so many activities involve blankets.

~nanashouse~ said...

Oh man I want to be there!

emyann said...

Very cute! I wish I could be there too!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers