12.09.2008

Did you know...


Phil came home tonight with an interesting tidbit of information. I wasn't aware that Bing Crosby grew up and attended college in Spokane, WA. He was born in Tacoma, WA in 1903, but his family moved to Spokane in 1906. Irving Berlin wrote the song "White Christmas" but I'm sure Bing Crosby reminisced about Spokane whenever he sang it. :)

Now, doesn't that make you want to come visit us so you can have your very own White Christmas?

8 comments:

emyann said...

Hence the Bing Crosby theater??? I wondered...

gramma said...

Yes, it does! But, there are 6 better reasons I could think of - and they all live in your house.

Nana's Nest said...

Yes I would love to come for a visit BUT not for the snow!!
I have very fond memories of Spokane from my teens!

Stephanie said...

I love Bing! When I was kid I used to watch "Holiday Inn," all by myself, about once a year. I have it memorized.

Unknown said...

David was checking out your weather and Sandpoint, Id. weather this morning. Sounds like it is going to be cold there. Course we are FINALLY supposed to have some rain and possibly snow this week.

jenny said...

Stephanie-
I've never seen Holiday Inn.

Emily-
It's supposed to be VERY chilly here next week. We read that it's going to be 7 degrees on Sunday! Emily Day is here visiting this weekend. It started to snow this afternoon when we made a quick run to Starbucks and then to Target for diapers. Tomorrow we'll go downtown to shop. It's so much fun to shop while it's snowing!

Unknown said...

Brutal!
And Jenny, you must rent Holiday Inn!

Christian said...

As a matter of fact, it does make me want to come back...but not just for a visit!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers