Christmas Eve Gift Exchange
On Christmas Eve morning we draw names for a family gift exchange. We spend the day working on making special, homemade gifts and keep them a secret until it's time to exchange them after dinner. This year:Lily had Gracie
Gracie had Phil
Caleb had Jared
Jared had Lily
Jenny had Caleb
Phil had Jenny
Gracie had Phil
Caleb had Jared
Jared had Lily
Jenny had Caleb
Phil had Jenny

When I asked Caleb what he thought Jared might like for Christmas, he mentioned clothes for his Build-a-Bear. Caleb helped me make a felt super hero cape for Jared's Bear, Love. You can see it in the background. Caleb did a super job pushing the pedal down on the sewing machine!
I made Caleb a playmat for his sheep complete with "quiet waters," a puffy mountain, fencing for a sheep pen and a yellow pouch to store it in.
I made Caleb a playmat for his sheep complete with "quiet waters," a puffy mountain, fencing for a sheep pen and a yellow pouch to store it in.
When I asked Gracie what she wanted to make for her daddy, she said, "tools." When I mentioned that it would be difficult to make tools, she said, "a toolbox." So we went down to the basement, found a box, made a lid out of cardboard and then decorated the lid. She insisted that it be pink.
She found a few tools to place inside of the box before she wrapped it. I wish you could have seen her sweet, happy face when she handed the gift to him!
Phil gave me an awesome gift! Anytime I want a mocha or latte, all I have to do is ask...and it expires in 2058. He'll be 89 years old by then. I should probably laminate this.








4 comments:
This is so sweet. Thank you for sharing with us :-)
I wish I could have been an ornament on your tree. hanging there and seeing all the excitment on those little faces. The gifts were just wonderful.
I think Phil's gift was the sweetest. Lucky you!
Jenny, I literally have tears in my eyes. Reading about the kids' presents to each other and to you reminds me of when I was a child with my family. How fun it was to make gifts for each other, we knew of no other way. Also, the gift that Phil gave you was awesome. He is so sweet to you!
Post a Comment