Big Sister Gracie
I get a kick out of watching this movie with my kids. Back in 2005, the year our twins were born, Dora's mom had a set of twins, too. Lily just checked this out from the library the other day. I love the last scene when Dora and Boots arrive home after their little adventure in the forest and find her entire family (aunts, uncles and cousins included) in the living room wearing corsages. Mom had the twins while she was out and is now in bed looking great with the bassinet by her side. Dora and Boots peer into the bassinet to find not one, but two babies--one is a girl wearing a pink shirt and a pink bow, the other is a boy wearing blue.
Lily loves this part and always yells out, "We're twins!" But this morning, I had to laugh at Gracie's reply..."That's Gracie the girl, and Lily the boy!"





4 comments:
Oh Emily, I mean Gracie, Lily is a girl too :-)
Haha! She is so funny! Remember when Lizzie looked like a boy?
Too funny, Em. Gracie is SO much like you! When they play house, she always gets to be the mommy, or the pretty girl, or the nice girl. Poor Lily. Now she has to be the boy.
How did you keep from laughing?
Post a Comment