6.02.2008

Yeah, Caleb!

Caleb just finished reading Set 2 of the Bob Books series! He calls them "the ring books" because our library attaches all 12 books in the set to a ring.

We needed to finish these up and get them back to the library before our big trip! Many of you may not know that our family is headed down to California for about 6 weeks this summer. We'll leave Thursday and spend Thursday and Friday night with Phil's cousin, Michele in the Portland area. We hope to arrive at Phil's parents' house on Saturday night and make that our home base for our stay in Lake County.

On the agenda this summer:
*Caleb's 4th Birthday!!! He'd like a Thomas the Tank Engine party with a watermelon cake

*Several doctor appointments

*My niece's Jr. High graduation

*A High School graduation (one of my former 2nd graders, in fact--yes, I feel old!)

*A quick weekend trip down to San Diego to see my sister, Emily, and to attend a family wedding

*
Two camping trips

*
Fourth of July BBQ
(which we haven't discussed yet, so I guess I'm planning it)

*My Grandpa's birthday

5 comments:

~nanashouse~ said...

I am counting the hours until you arrive!! Hey, that July 4th BBQ? Count me in for help :-)

gramma said...

What incredible pictures of Caleb...they just catch his sweet spirit. I hope we can check those books out of the Lakeport library while you are here so that he can read them to me.

Nana's Nest said...

Oh Jen...how fun to be "going home". I know the grandparents are busting at the seams...you have a wonderful time and our prayers go with you.

Basking in the Son said...

We had so much fun having you! Thanks for stopping by on your way. I wish we could be there to celebrate with you on the 4th. Enjoy the warmth for me. :)

Sue said...

Yea Caleb! Wow, busy summer! I don't know how you keep up and hold all of our attention too. You know what time is like to read magazines right now...pretty much zilch. I visit your blog though and in just a minute or two I feel like I've browsed a good girl/mommy 'zine. I love the colors, the flowers, the coffee cup and of course, your entries :)!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers