Camping in the Redwoods
We camped up in Richardson Grove State Park with Phil's family and several members of Clear Lake Baptist church. The park is situated in the California Redwood Forest.
We enjoyed sitting by the campfire every night before bed, roasting marshmallows, eating s'mores and singing along while Pastor Ray played his guitar.
Gracie wanted to peek at the fire, and Lily was busy singing with Pastor Ray.
The kids enjoyed sleeping in a tent. We've gone camping every year since we've had kids, but this was by far the easiest year for me, because we didn't have to bring the following:*Pack 'n Plays (we've travelled with 2 since Caleb was born)
*Little chairs that attach to picnic tables
*Bottles
*Baby food
*The stroller
And maybe next year we won't have to pack any diapers!





7 comments:
Wow! Two great family pictures in 2 weeks - you've passed another milestone Ii'd say!
And eventually they can help you pack etc. Sounds fun. I like that campground.
Looks like fun Jen! I love the pictures of the boys with there legs dangling over the bridge. So precious:)
Oh our family loves Richardson Grove. Many memories!
We have camped with our two since they were babies and I feel like this has been the easiest too. We did have to bring a pack-n-play. David said he thought Abram was ready to sleep in a normal bed, but I didn't want to train him while camping. I still need him to be confined at nap and bed time so I can have a little break. :)
Yay! Did you have more fun this time?
I'm so glad it's been easier for you. I've been thinking about you while Zac and Matthew and Gary and I have been sharing a tent. The other boys have their own tent and Crystal is sleeping in the house so we don't have to have our whole family in one tent. Won't you have fun when your boys are old enough to share their own tent?!
I was just listening to some of the cello music in your playlist, and you know what? I think I will forever associate cello music with our time at Tansi. Remember Yo-Yo Ma in the kitchen? ;)
Post a Comment