Phil and the kids spoiled me this year on my birthday. The day was filled to the brim with so many beautiful memories, I'm not sure I could list them all. It was one thing after another: coffee and scones in the morning with Phil while the kids were at Vacation Bible School, a picnic at my favorite park, big, pink-frosted cupcakes and coffee at one of my favorite bakeries
...with all of my favorite little people,
reading books,
hiking,
watching the boys enjoy the splash pad, See's Candy, dinner out... I'm blessed.
A day like that makes getting older worth it, doesn't it. You are blessed, but then, so are they to have you! As are each of us who know you and love you.
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance. ~Psalm 16:5-6
So proud of Phil...
All done with school! Click on photo to read about God's goodness to us
phil
Love of my life, wonderful father, patient, content
jared...9
Protective, inquisitive, independent
caleb...8
Creative, cuddly, sensitive
gracie...7
Tidy, dramatic, funny
lily...7
Sweet-natured, smiley, content
I like...
-knowing that I have eternal life -the sound of Phil's voice -the smell of rain -milk chocolate -inductive Bible studies -flowers on my kitchen table -coffee -drinking coffee with Phil -my girls in pigtails -music -coloring with Caleb -watching Gracie straighten up the house -taking Jared to the library -kissing Lily's cheeks -losing weight -saving money -books by Elisabeth Elliot -rice -reading to my kids -good preaching -giving gifts (especially to my kids) -hugs from Phil -blogging -campfires -candles -laughing with my sisters -Pottery Barn -vintage fabric -hearing from friends -praying for my kids -maternity clothes -the 2nd trimester of pregnancy -American history -looking at maps -Winter Olympics -baking
5 comments:
A day like that makes getting older worth it, doesn't it. You are blessed, but then, so are they to have you! As are each of us who know you and love you.
You get more beautiful with each year! I cant wait to come visit!
We are the ones who are blessed Jenny. I hope every year brings you more blessings.
Happy Belated Birthday! Did you and Phil get all the mornings together during VBS? What a fun present that is for your b-day week.
Michele,
Yes, our mornings were kid-free from 9-noon all week long. Friday was our 10th Anniversary, too, so it worked out nicely!
Post a Comment