5.19.2009

garden work

We've been busy little bees out in the garden this week! The kids and I have spent 2 whole days pulling weeds, transplanting bushes and plants, planting flowers and building a brick path through the garden. Last year Phil found a man just around the corner from us who wanted to sell his old bricks. We purchased about 300 bricks for $50! The kids designed a pattern and helped me lay all 300 bricks. We were so excited when we finished the path by using the very last one! Can you believe that? It was looking pretty slim toward the end, but they prayed that we'd have enough.

I'll take pictures of the finished path tomorrow. I took pictures this evening, but the overcast sky made the bricks look gray.

And here's what all of that yard work did to my poor hand. It was definitely worth it, though. It was so much fun to spend this time working with the kids!

1 comments:

gramma said...

Those are incredible blisters...and I know well earned. I'm proud of you all for finishing the job. I wish I could come see it now...someday before the weeds start growing back I hope.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers