12.25.2008

White Christmas

We trust you all had a very Merry Christmas! We spent the day at home with our little family. We played with new gifts, worked outside for a bit and then had a nice candlelight dinner in the evening.

White Christmas took on a whole different meaning for us this year. These pictures should explain why...

This happened at 1:30 a.m. The roof of our patio collapsed under the weight of the snow. Phil and I awoke to a very loud crash, as you can imagine. Yes, that's a wire running along the ground.

All night I was hoping it was just a dream, but the mess was still there this morning. I'm so thankful that it happened in the middle of the night, and not during the day while the kids were out playing in the snow. I'm also thankful that Phil is off of school for 2 more weeks.

This is what you'd see if you open our back door. It'll be awhile until we're able to use this door again.

Other big news in our home is that Princess Frostine, one of our goldfish, died this morning. I wish you could have heard Gracie discuss the whole ordeal. It wasn't Princess Frostine that bothered her as much as knowing that all fish die. On her way to bed tonight, she asked, "You mean we're just gonna buy more fish, put 'em in there and they're all gonna die?" You had to be here for the full effect. She's the most expressive just-turned-three year old I've ever known!

3 comments:

emyann said...

I can only imagine what she will be like when she is 15! Sorry about the roof, Jen!

~nanashouse~ said...

She'll be just like her twin Aunt!

Basking in the Son said...

Did the kids sleep through the crash? Maybe it was the weight of Santa's sleigh that knocked it over. What did the wire go to? I'm thinking if you had lost electricity, you would have mentioned it.

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers