11.17.2008

Birthday Eve

The girls will be 3 tomorrow! A standing tradition for third birthdays in our home is saying goodbye to pacifiers. Jared called his pacifier ninga. We're not sure why, but the name caught on. Soon Caleb's pacifier was a ninga, and then the girls joined in. In preparation for birthday number 3, Gracie and Lily are painting boxes for their ningas. We like to say that we put them away and not take them away.

It was no surprise to us that Gracie chose to paint her box pink, and that Lily chose purple.



After the paint dried, the girls put fun puffy glitter stickers on their boxes. It makes me sad to think that this will be the very last night for ningas in our home. Sigh.

7 comments:

emyann said...

This was so much fun. I love arts and crafts at your house!!

The Crazy Hours said...

Very sweet girls! I'm sure their special boxes will make it much easier to say farewell to their ningas!

gramma said...

What beautiful pictures! They bring back memories of the boys turning 3. Corinne and I are wondering if Lily has any extra ningas stashed for "emergencies".

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that your girls still had a pacifier. Abram still uses his at naptime and bedtime.
When it comes time for him to get rid of his I think I will do the same thing as you. You always have great ideas! :)

Christian said...

Good idea! Would they like to come and decorate some of our boxes?

jenny said...

In case anyone is wondering...the girls did a GREAT job giving up their pacifiers! Lily fussed a little bit, because she thought we were going to give hers away to another baby. Once we told she could keep it in her purple box, she was fine.

They went to bed well that night and we haven't heard a thing about the ningas since!

jenny said...

And wouldn't you know it...an hour after I typed this, they fussed for their ningas at naptime!

Watch Us Grow!

Lilypie Kids birthd<a href=ay Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers