We took our butterflies out to the garden today and let them go!
Saying goodbye
The girls were a little apprehensive.
The boys, on the other hand, wanted to make sure our butterflies had enough flowers in front of them at all times.
One of the butterflies landed on Caleb's toes and stayed there for awhile.
We had five butterflies. Some flew around our garden for awhile and some flew over the fence right away. Jared told them, "Go see the world!"
The kids hoped a few would fly back to visit. Wouldn't you want to come back to this little garden to see these sweet faces?
Lily finally spotted one and Gracie said, "Well, I guess this one only wanted to see half of the world."
I noticed Caleb sitting on the bench all by himself holding out his hand. He was quietly saying, "Come fly over here if you need a nice hand to rest on."
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance. ~Psalm 16:5-6
So proud of Phil...
All done with school! Click on photo to read about God's goodness to us
phil
Love of my life, wonderful father, patient, content
jared...9
Protective, inquisitive, independent
caleb...8
Creative, cuddly, sensitive
gracie...7
Tidy, dramatic, funny
lily...7
Sweet-natured, smiley, content
I like...
-knowing that I have eternal life -the sound of Phil's voice -the smell of rain -milk chocolate -inductive Bible studies -flowers on my kitchen table -coffee -drinking coffee with Phil -my girls in pigtails -music -coloring with Caleb -watching Gracie straighten up the house -taking Jared to the library -kissing Lily's cheeks -losing weight -saving money -books by Elisabeth Elliot -rice -reading to my kids -good preaching -giving gifts (especially to my kids) -hugs from Phil -blogging -campfires -candles -laughing with my sisters -Pottery Barn -vintage fabric -hearing from friends -praying for my kids -maternity clothes -the 2nd trimester of pregnancy -American history -looking at maps -Winter Olympics -baking
3 comments:
I miss you guys so much!
What beautiful pictures of an incredible opportunity to watch God's creation. xoxo
I want to land on Caleb's toe also! There is probably no safer place on earth.
Post a Comment