As many of you know, Phil is doing his first rotation in Ritzville, WA, a little over an hour from our house. When he works, he's able to stay in a house right across the street from the ER. The kids and I haven't been able to go see him, but I thought we'd better get over there before the roads start to get icy. He's working another 6-day shift, so it was nice to go visit him and break up the time. One of the sweetest things about the trip over was when we heard the song "You Are Holy" on the radio and all 4 kids sang out as loudly as they could! My heart wanted to burst.
We met up with Phil, looked around the clinic and the hospital, went out for pizza, then headed back to the house.
Phil got a call from the ER right as we walked through the door, so the kids and I hung out for a bit. They loved exploring the house--I did, too! It was probably built in the 50's and it has never been renovated. I was in Formica heaven! The stuff was even on the ceiling!
The only thing we could find to watch on T.V. was Lawrence Welk...seriously. The kids have never watched it, but they thought it would be fun to dance around the living room with each other.
Caleb got tired after awhile and decided to snuggle with me on the couch instead.
Time to say goodnight and goodbye. Cozy jammies are on, teeth are brushed and warm blankets are waiting for them in the car for the trip home.
What a fun day! You are blessed, my friend. Congratulations to Phil!!!
Well, since you were planning to read Jabberwocky already, perhaps now you can read it with an accent and act it out - snicker-snack! - to elicit shrieks of delight! ;-)
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Surely I have a delightful inheritance. ~Psalm 16:5-6
So proud of Phil...
All done with school! Click on photo to read about God's goodness to us
phil
Love of my life, wonderful father, patient, content
jared...9
Protective, inquisitive, independent
caleb...8
Creative, cuddly, sensitive
gracie...7
Tidy, dramatic, funny
lily...7
Sweet-natured, smiley, content
I like...
-knowing that I have eternal life -the sound of Phil's voice -the smell of rain -milk chocolate -inductive Bible studies -flowers on my kitchen table -coffee -drinking coffee with Phil -my girls in pigtails -music -coloring with Caleb -watching Gracie straighten up the house -taking Jared to the library -kissing Lily's cheeks -losing weight -saving money -books by Elisabeth Elliot -rice -reading to my kids -good preaching -giving gifts (especially to my kids) -hugs from Phil -blogging -campfires -candles -laughing with my sisters -Pottery Barn -vintage fabric -hearing from friends -praying for my kids -maternity clothes -the 2nd trimester of pregnancy -American history -looking at maps -Winter Olympics -baking
5 comments:
On the ceiling? And you didn't get a picture? Guess that is beter than putting asbestos on the ceiling. Love the pictures of the kids with Phil.
I LOVE the picture with you and Caleb. The kids love you guys so much!
What a fun day! You are blessed, my friend. Congratulations to Phil!!!
Well, since you were planning to read Jabberwocky already, perhaps now you can read it with an accent and act it out - snicker-snack! - to elicit shrieks of delight! ;-)
Blessings on your day! xo
This was so fun! We felt like we were right there with you guys. You all look so wonderful. The picture of Phil and the kids makes me cry. xox
I just love your family!
Post a Comment